Eliminate Mold on HVAC and Air Ducts
EPA Registration Number: 82972-1
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: FOR ANTIMICRIOBIAL CONTROL IN HVAC SYSTEMS AND AIR DUCTS (INCLUDING ODOR CAUSING BACTERIA, MOLD FUNGUS AND ODOR-CAUSING FUNGI)
- Air Handlers.
- Packaged units including Rooftops and Packaged Terminal Air
- Conditioner (PTAC) units.
- Fan coil units.
- Air distribution components such as air handlers, mixing boxes, transfer boxes, transitions, and turning vanes, dampers, fans and fan housings,and associated components.
- Condensate drain pans.
- Unlined sheet metal ducts.
- Air supply and return ducts and plenums fabricated with plywood, OSB or other wood like material.
- Flexible air ducts fabricated of metal or plastic.
- Dehumidifiers; both Desiccant and Refrigerated.
- Registers, Grills and other air intake and discharge devices.
- Wet the surfaces with the spray, giving special attention to cracks ad crevices.
- Vital Oxide will not stain any materials not stained by water we suggest testing for compatibility on surface of concern first.
- Allow ten to twenty minutes for drying. No rinsing or wiping is required.
- Following the elapsed drying time it is best practice to purge the system, by increasing the negative pressure through the outdoor exhaust or negative air machine or by turning on the vacuum used to pre-clean the HVAC system, while removing the duct openings seals. This will minimize the release of scent into the spaces served by the system.
- Vital Oxide must be applied evenly to surfaces that are being treated.
- Even and uniform application is essential for satisfactory results.
- The procedures, equipment and techniques described below have been tested and provide the desired results.
- Other procedures, equipment or techniques may also achieve satisfactory results but should not be used without discussing the specific situation and equipment with us.
Normally, infrequent application (every 3 months for HVAC Systems and every 6 months to every two years for air ducts) will provide effective control. Some critical applications such as HVAC and duct systems serving critical health care spaces or clean rooms where it is essential to minimize the generation of particulate matter that may be released as a by Product of microbial growth may require more frequent treatment.
Do not apply more often than monthly and then only if there is evidence of re-growth. This Product must only be used in those cases where visible microbial growth has been detected in the system and then only after removing that growth and identifying and correcting the conditions that led to that growth. Prior to reapplication in such cases, investigate to determine the cause of re-growth and correct that problem prior to re-application.
Before embarking on a program of frequent application (more frequent than every three months) complete our Contact Us form or call us at 780-445-8020 to discuss the specific application and situation. Also make sure the recurrence of microbial growth does not have another cause such as persistently high humidity, standing water or hidden leaks.
Prior to reapplication, the interior of the ducts and other surfaces must be inspected and found to be free of accumulated soil. If soil or growth is found, the cause should be determined and corrected and then the ducts cleaned in accordance with accepted industry practice.
If microbial growth persists in air ducts following application re-inspect for duct leaks, carryover of water from cooling coils or humidifiers and other sources of moisture promoting growth. Eliminate such sources of moisture before retreating.
Vital Oxide Facts
- Breaks Down To Simple Salt
- EPA Registered (EPA No. 82972-1)
- Hospital-Grade Disinfectant
- HMIS Rating of 0
- No Special Handling
- Non-Irritating To Skin
- No Gloves Required
- No Harmful VOCs
- No Rinse Required
- Requires No Special Handling
- Shelf Life Up To 2 Years
- Safe For Treated Surfaces
- Toxicity Category: EPA Category 4